HOW IT WORKS
TAKE RECEIPT PHOTOS
Take pictures of your receipts with our easy-to-use in-app camera.
GET FORM STAMPED
We'll send you a completed form to take to the airport. Get it stamped by customs and send us a photo of it.
Within 2 weeks of sending us a picture of your stamped form, your VAT refund will be in your bank account.
We work closely with Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs.
We comply with all HMRC rules and regulations.
SAFE & SECURE
Your privacy and data security are our highest priorities.
All information is encrypted in secure databases.
Get a faster refund without filling out paperwork.
Get up to 50% more when using Refund Giant.
At all stores
Stores have minimum spending limits, or don't even offer refunds.
Claim a refund at all stores, with no minimum.
Refund Giant's service was fast and easy. Everything was done in their app, and they even booked me an appointment to skip the line at the airport.
I've used Refund Giant on two separate trips, and it has been a seamless experience. My refund was much faster and larger than the traditional process.
I received my refund in my local currency just a few days after landing home. I'll be sure to recommend this service to friends and family.
Questions? | 有问题吗？
How does it work?
🧾 1. Take photos of all your UK receipts in our app
- Don’t ask for VAT refunds in-store (30-70% fees) or accept refund forms; we can’t take them!
- Make sure each receipt is under £250 by splitting purchases if needed (see below for purchases over £250)
🛃 2. Print the refund form we email you and get it stamped at customs
- Bring your items with you, and have your receipts as backup
- Get the form stamped at the last airport before leaving the EU
- Email us if you need help printing
💸 3. Refund confirmed within 48 hours
- Reply to our email with a photo of your stamped form
Purchases over £250:
Please ask the sales assistant for a business invoice. The invoice must show:
Company name: Refund Giant Ltd
Address: 86 Fulham Road, King Room, London SW3 6HR
VAT number: 330042170
If the shop doesn’t offer business invoices, we recommend asking for a traditional VAT refund in-store. Government regulation requires we need an invoice to process receipts above £250.
Why should I use Refund Giant?
No sales pitch. We’re simply here to give you more money back faster when traveling abroad. How? We reclaim your sales tax (20% in the UK) back from the government for you.
Why Refund Giant over the traditional process?
1. Long waits in line (around 1-2 hours).
2. Lots of manual writing, forms, and receipts.
3. Long processing times (3-6 weeks).
4. Hidden costs and 30-70% service fees -- especially for cash refunds.
5. Not at all stores, sometimes purchase minimums.
1. Short waits in line (around 15 minutes).
2. Hassle-free and digital. Never fill in paperwork again.
3. Fast payments. Refund confirmation in under 48 hours after stamp.
4. Larger refund. 25-30% commision (other companies charge 30-70%).
5. Available at all stores. No purchase minimums.
Am I eligible to get a tax refund?
Refund Giant can help you claim a VAT refund if:
- You live outside the EU
- You plan to take the goods out of the EU by the last day of the third month after the the month you bought them in
If you’re an overseas resident studying or working in the UK, or a resident of the EU you can use the scheme if you:
- Plan to take the goods out of the EU by the last day of the third month after the the month you bought them in
- Can show that you’ll be staying outside the EU for at least 12 months
Which countries can I use Refund Giant in?
You can make purchases in the United Kingdom, but you can depart the EU from any country. We will soon be expanding tax-free shopping to other EU countries as well.
Are there any purchase minimums?
There are no minimums!
What can I get a tax refund on?
Refund Giant allows you to get a VAT refund on all purchases from stores in the UK (no minimum spend), aside from the following exceptions below.
- Tax-free products
- Services, for example, hotel bills
- Online purchases
Our app automatically recognizes eligible purchases, so you will not need to manually categorize your purchases yourself. More specific exceptions include:
- Goods (for example, perfume or chocolates) that you’ve used, or partly used, in the EU
motor vehicles and boats
- Goods over £600 in value that will be exported for business purposes (you have to use a form C88 for these)
- Goods that will be exported as freight and goods that need an export licence (except antiques)
- Unmounted gemstones and bullion (over 125 grammes, 2.75 troy ounces or 10 Tolas)
How does Refund Giant make money?
We charge a 25-30% service fee on each refund.
Is Refund Giant secure?
Yes, absolutely! Your privacy and the security of your personal information are our absolute priorities. We encrypt all information when storing it in our databases, and keep it for only the time needed to process your refund.
My question is not asked here!
Please email us your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
🧾 1. 将您在英国购物的收据照片上传到我们的手机APP应用平台
- 请确保每张票据的消费金额在£250以下，如有需要请分多笔支付 (超过£250的消费票据退税请参考“帮助”界面)
🛃 2. 请将我们通过邮件发送给您的退税单打印出来并在海关处盖章
💸 3. 退税将在48小时之内确认
公司名称: Refund Giant Ltd
地址: 86 Fulham Road, King Room, London SW3 6HR
4. 隐含费用与30%-70%手续费 – 尤其是现金退税。
1. 排队等候时间短 （15分钟）
Refund Giant was founded in 2019, with the mission of making it as easy as possible for tourists to claim back 20% VAT on everything they buy in the UK.
Before Refund Giant, claiming VAT refunds meant filling out forms at each store you shop at, months of waiting for refunds, and 30-70% service fees. All of this means that just 12% of tourists claim VAT refunds.
With Refund Giant's app we make the process quick, simple, and easy. All you need to do is upload your receipts. Currently we're only available for shopping in the UK, but keep an eye out for us coming to a country near you!
Backed by experts in cyber security, digital payments, fintech, and luxury retail
Have a question?
Need some help?
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.